I love my crock pot. It’s so helpful for me because I can throw stuff in my crock pot while my daughter naps ans it’s less work and stress at dinner time. One of our favorite recipes is Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas. They have so much flavor and the recipe makes a ton of food! You could even get enough ingredients and put the ingredients in a Ziploc bag and freeze it for a future dinner.
Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas
- 2 peppers (your favorite)
- 1 onion
- 1 1/2 pound chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- taco seasoning packet (or make your own)
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
You will also need tortillas, cheese, sour cream, etc.
- Dump all the ingredients in your slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours.
- When it’s cooked, shred the meat and add it back to the pepper mixture and serve on warm tortillas and your favorite toppings.
If you want to double it and freeze an extra meal just put all the ingredients in the bag. Write on the bag that it’s chicken fajitas and you will need to cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours. When you are ready to make it just dump the whole bag, still frozen, into your crock pot and cook! It will be a very easy dinner!
**Used the leftovers to make this delicious Fajita Casserole.
Here’s a picture of the bag I froze.