If you have been following my time saving crock pot recipes, here’s one of the recipes that will be included in the next set of 1 Hour + 1 Mess = 5 Crock Pot Meals. Here’s Part 2 – 1 Hour + 1 Mess = 5 Crock Pot Meals!
This is one of my favorite meals. It looks so fancy and didn’t take a lot of work. When you add the potatoes it’s almost a complete meal!
Crock Pot Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 whole chicken (4-5 pounds)
- 2-3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 whole garlic cloves
- I use a 6 quart crock pot – but it you have a bigger crock pot you can fit more potatoes in it.
- In a bowl combine all of the spices . Rub the spice mixture all over the chicken, including under the skin on the breast. Add about 4 whole garlic cloves to the inside of the chicken.
- Cut up 4-5 potatoes and put them in a few foil balls. Place them at the bottom of the crock pot and put the chicken on top of the potatoes. (See picture below.)
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 7- 8 hours. The meat is done when it is fully cooked and has reached desired tenderness.
*You do not need to add the potatoes to the chicken but the juices from the spices season the potatoes and they taste so good.
I am testing recipe number 4 so if it works and tomorrows dinner works – I should have something posted on Tuesday or Wednesday. Then I can get started on the next set of recipes 🙂
I am working on a second set of 5 dinner recipes. If you would like to know when they will be available you can sign up for my email newsletter. You will get an email that you will need to confirm you want the subscription.