I am always looking for fun ways to make dinner. My kids love spaghetti and they also love Beef and Broccoli, so I thought I would create a new recipe for Beef & Broccoli Noodle Bowls.
It’s quick and easy and your whole family will love it! It’s one of those meals I love because it has meat and veggies together. We all loved this and it will become a permeant recipe on my master recipe list!
Beef & Broccoli
First you will marinade the meat for about an hour. This is not necessary, so if you are pressed for time, you can just skip the marinade.
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 – 1 ½ lbs flank steak, sliced into thin strips
Mix all the ingredients together and marinade the meat in the refrigerator for about an hour. (I admit I don’t often let it sit for an hour.) It does give it a little more flavor, but it can be skipped.
- 1 bag of frozen broccoli heads or 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- ½ white onion sliced (or more depending on what your family likes)
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1-2 Tbsp oil
- ⅔ cup soy sauce
- 3-4 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 8oz package of spaghetti
- When you start preparing to cook the meal, boil the broccoli and start to cook the spaghetti.
- Mix together the soy sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch and water. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan heat the oil and add the garlic, onion, and meat. Cook until the meat is no longer pink.
- Add the soy sauce mixture and bring to a boil.
- Add the broccoli to the meat mixture.
- If you don’t have enough room in the pan you can add the broccoli and meat mixture with the spaghetti into a big bowl.
- Serve and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this easy recipe as much as our family has enjoyed it!