Are ou looking f or a unique Valentine’s Day Treat? You will want to try this delicious combination of Lemon and Cherry in a beautiful cupcake!
Valentine Day Lemon Cherry Filled Cupcake
Lemon Cupcake Ingredients:
- 2 C sugar
- 2 TBSP lemon zest
- 1 C unsalted butter, room temp
- 4 eggs, room temp
- 1¼ C whole milk
- 3 C flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 jar Smucker’s Cherry Preserves
- 1 C butter, room temp
- 8 oz of cream cheese, room temp
- 2 TBSP lemon zest
- 2 TBSP vanilla
- 4-5 C of powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Add the lemon zest, vanilla, and sugar in a food processor pulsing until well blended.
- Blend butter and the lemon sugar until combined in a separate bowl.
- Add one egg at a time, beating after each addition until well mixed.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Pour in half of the milk mixing until all ingredients are blended.
- Add in the rest of the flour mixture and then milk. Mix well.
- Scoop the batter into the lined tins 3/4’s full. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-24 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly in the cupcake pan. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using a teaspoon make a small well in the center of each cupcake. (Don’t poke the hole through the bottom of the cupcakes)
- Fill each small well with the cherry preserves. (Don’t overfill. The preserves should not overflow from the top of the cupcake.)
- Mix butter and vanilla until it’s soften and begins to form peaks.
- Beat in the cream cheese.
- Mix in 3 cups of powdered sugar until well blended.
- Add in the lemon zest and 1 more cup of powdered sugar.
- Mix until the frosting is creamy and stiff.
- Take a spoonful of frosting and turn the spoon over. If the frosting falls off the spoon mix in more powdered sugar.
- When the frosting can cling to the spoon when turned upside down it is ready.
- Spoon the frosting into a pastry bag with a piping tip.
- Begin by frosting the cupcake on the outside edge working to the center.
- Drizzle the cherry preserves on the frosting by spoonfuls.