When you have kids, you have to get creative in the kitchen. I have several recipes that I know my kids love to eat for dinner. They are pretty good about trying new things that I create – which is often.
I also have a few places that I check out for recipes because I know I can always find great ideas. If your family is like mine, they probably love anything that is made with cheese. My family loves Old El Paso Nachos recipes.
If dinner involves chips – it is going to be a huge hit in our house. I had never thought about serving nachos for dinner – but why not? It’s a fun dinner that is filling. Next time you are stumped about what to make for dinner, check out these recipes. They are fast and easy and will be loved by everyone!
Cheesy Bean and Sweetcorn Nachos is a quick and easy recipe my family is sure to enjoy. I love the Old El Paso kits because it comes with almost everything I need to make dinner.
Cheesy Bean and Sweetcorn Nachos
- 1 x Old El Paso Kit For Nachos
- 1 x jar of Old El Paso Hot and Tangy Jalapeños, drained
- 1 x can mixed beans – try kidney, pinto, white or black beans
- 1 x can sweetcorn, drained
- 1 x red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp corn or vegetable oil
- Grated Cheese to serve
- Sour cream & Guacamole to serve
Kit contains: Old El Paso Nachips, Old El Paso Nachos Topping
1. Preheat the oven to 350* (180ºC 160ºC for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 4.
2. Heat the oil in a pan, add the pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Stir in the beans and sweetcorn and 1 sachet of Old El Paso Nachos Topping. Simmer, uncovered for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Arrange a layer of the Old El Paso Nachips in the base of an ovenproof baking dish, then spoon over some of the bean mixture, followed by some of the Old El Paso Hot and Tangy Jalapeños and cheese. Repeat to make 3 layers, saving some of the cheese for the topping. Top with the other sachet of Old El Paso Nachos Topping and sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
4. Bake for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
Make it your way
Serve hot from the oven with sour cream and guacamole either spooned on top or on the side – then tell everyone to just dig in!
Kids might find the jalapeños too hot, so if you’re making this for a family, leave them out and serve them on the side – then everyone can choose their own chilli level!
Try it out the next time you need a new dinner recipe. It is sure to be a hit!