I love to create recipes. I usually start with one ingredient and create my recipe from that. I was a asked by Success® Rice to share a great recipe using either brown or white rice. I found a great combination and I hope your family loves it as much as our family loved it!
It seems like I always have ground beef and rice in my stockpile of foods. I love using Success® Rice because it is very affordable and it cooks very fast! It is also very versatile – I can use it in salads, soups, main entrees to desserts.
Most nights I like to have dinner done in about 45 minutes. I think we are all looking for quick and easy recipes that include ground beef. Hamburgers, tacos, and spaghetti with meat sauce can get old.
This is a quick and easy casserole that your whole family will love. You can throw it together and it has so much flavor. My family loved it so much – we didn’t have any leftovers! You probably already have most of the ingredients in your house already! (Even better – you can sneak a vegetable in it!)
Ground Beef Casserole
- 1 pounds ground beef (lowest fat amount possible)
- 1 cup vegetables of your choice (zucchini diced, corn, peas)
- 1 small white onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon Montreal Marinade
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 14.5 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup cooked Success® Rice (Brown or White)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Then grease a 9×9 pan and set aside.
- Add a little oil in a large skillet and sauté the onions for about 3 minutes – they should begin to soften.
- Add ground beef and garlic, and the vegetable of your choice. Cook until the ground beef is no longer pink, lower heat to medium.
- Add cooked rice, tomato sauce, 1 cup cheese and broth, let simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes
- Transfer everything into a 9×9 casserole dish and bake for 10 minutes.
- Combine 1 cup of cheese with the sour cream and after 10 minutes remove the casserole from the oven and put the cheese and sour cream mixture on top of you casserole and bake for another 10-15 minutes until bubbly.
Serve and enjoy!
You will love using Success® Rice because it comes in a pre-packed serving. Each bag is just a cup- so that saves me some time and there is no mess! I also never realized that The white and brown rice can sit for up to 30 minutes in hot water (with the heat off) before being served, making it foolproof and worry-free. The brown and white rices are gluten free!
Enter the O, The Oprah Magazine! “How Are You Cooking This Fall?” Sweepstakes for a chance to win!
Success® Rice is one of the participating brands in a sweepstakes from O, The Oprah Magazine! Visit http://omagonline.com/cooking, submit the entry form and pin with inspiration from O‘s PROMO: How Are You Cooking This Fall? Pinterest board for a chance to win a variety of culinary-themed prizes.
Would you like some more quick and easy rice recipes? You will find more than 300 recipes from breakfast to dessert at SuccessRice.com
. For additional recipe inspiration, lifestyle tips, and more, check out Facebook
, and Pinterest
What’s your favorite recipe that includes rice?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf Success® Rice.