On this blog I will also share with you some of my favorite recipes. I love these rolls. They make so many and are great to eat with dinner. I freeze half of them and pull them out of the freezer as I need them and they still taste great. I have made these with both butter and margarine and the butter is so much better! I have also flattened some out into pancakes sized dough balls, let them rise on a cookies sheet and made burger buns. I found this recipe at recipezar.com
Buttery Bread Machine Rolls Recipe (Make Ahead Rolls)
- 1 cup warm milk (microwave for about 20 seconds)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups flour*
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Add all the ingredients into your bread machine. Set it to the dough cycle*.
- When the dough cycle is completed, lay it on a floured surface.
- Grab small balls of dough and shape them into balls – you should get about 24 rolls
- Place in a greased 9X13 baking pan.
- Cover with a clean cloth and let them rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Enjoy them warm with a little more butter.
*After about 10 minutes check your dough. If it’s too sticky add a little more flour. If it’s really stiff add a little bit of water.
When they are completely cooled place them in a storage bag and freeze them. Take them out of the freezer the day you want to serve them.
Enjoy! Let me know if you like them.
These rolls work great at high altitudes!