Beef and Broccoli Stir-fry
Pretty much every week I try a new recipe. My family is really good about trying what I make especially my husband. Last night I tried a recipe I got from La Choy. The only downside is it did not make that much. Next time I may double it so we can have leftovers. It was really fast and easy and really good! My 4 year especially loved the broccoli. If you try it let me know what you think.
Beef & Broccoli Stir-Fry
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (14 oz ) frozen broccoli florets (You can start to cook this in a pot while you are cutting up the other stuff.)
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin, cut into strips
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon water
1. Boil broccoli in water according to the package directions. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large skillet . Cook and stir onion until tender (about 5 minutes)
2. If necessary, pour the remaining 1 tablespoon oil into skillet with the onions. Cook and stir beef and garlic for a few minutes until cooked. Add cooked broccoli to the pan.
3. Whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, flour and water in small bowl. Add to skillet. Cook until heated through and sauce thickens.
Serve this with rice. I usually add 2 cups of minute rice to 2 cups of boiling water. Cook on low for 5 minutes in a covered pot.
Don’t miss out on any deals or recipes – subscribe to my blog via email or a RSS feed. Also get updates on Facebook and Twitter!