This has come to be a new favorite dinner in our house. It is very quick and easy! I am not sure but I would think it is a pretty healthy meal! It does have red pepper flakes but it is not spicy – my 4 year old loves this! My husband says it taste like something you get at a restaurant!
It takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish!
Lemon Chicken Pasta
~250 grams uncooked spiral pasta (Sorry they use the metric system here – it is half a bag of pasta)
~2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
~salt and pepper to taste
~3 garlic cloves, sliced
~1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
~3 Tbsp olive oil
~The juice of 2 lemons (or 4-5 Tbsp of bottled lemon juice)
~1/2 cup (or more) Parmesan cheese
1. Cook Pasta according to package directions. (Use whole wheat pasta to make this healthier.) You can use what ever pasta you like but we use spiral.
2. Cut chicken into pieces and season with salt and pepper. Cook in a large frying pan until completely cooked. As it cooks cut into bite sized pieces. Remove from pan.
3. In the frying pan add olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes and sautee for a few minutes until garlic softens. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
4. Turn off the heat and add pasta to the pan. Mix well.
5. In a large bowl combine all the ingredients. Mix well. Garnish with more cheese if you like. If you use bottled lemon juice you may need to add more Parmesan cheese.