First, you need to make a Peanut Butter Cookie. The original recipe uses the pouch of PB cookies from Betty Crocker. But since I can’t buy that here I have to make my own from scratch, so it took a little longer
Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cookie Treats
Peanut Butter Cookies
* 1/2 cup butter
* 3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
* 1/3 cup granulated sugar
* 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
* 1 egg
* 2 tablespoons milk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
Directions to make the peanut butter cookies:
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. Beat butter and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4 dozen cookies.
After the cookies have cooled use the recipe below to finish the cookies.
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 to 2 cups powdered sugar
1. In small microwaveable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, butter and peanut butter uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds; stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla.
2. Place 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar in 1-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag; set aside.
3. Place 12 cooled cookies in large bowl. Pour 1/3 of chocolate mixture over cookies in bowl. Using rubber spatula, toss cookies gently to coat.
4. Place cookies in bag with powdered sugar; seal bag. Gently turn bag to coat cookies. Remove cookies from bag to cooling rack to set. Repeat with 12 more cookies and 1/2 of remaining chocolate mixture; repeat again until all cookies are coated, adding additional powdered sugar to bag as needed.
I put these in the refrigerator to make sure the chocolate set around the cookies.
This is a great recipe for high altitude peanut butter cookies!