This recipe was very good. Don’t be turned off by the mayonnaise in the recipe it makes it really creamy. I halved the recipe because I only had half a loaf of french bread defrosted. Because I halved it I could taste the mayo so maybe try it with a little less mayo than the recipe calls for. This recipe is from Recipezzaar. I meant to take a picture but I did not get a chance! Next time I will!
Cheesy Garlic Bread
* 1 loaf French bread
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese or Parmesan
* 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
* 1 cup mayonnaise
* 1 bunch green onion, chopped (I did not use because I did not have any)
* 2 garlic cloves, pureed ( I used a lemon zester to grate the garlic)
1. Split French bread loaf into halves horizontally.
2. Mix butter, cheeses, mayonnaise, green onions and garlic in bowl, blending well.
3. Spread the cut side of bread halves with spread..
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes, and place under broiler about 3 minutes longer.
5. Cut into slices& serve.