I found this recipe at Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures. She calls them 40 minutes rolls but I prefer to use my bread machine. They were very good and healthy.
Here is how I made it in my bread machine.
Whole Wheat Rolls
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- Add all the ingredients into your bread machine according to the manufactures instructions. I put all the liquids in the bottom and then add the yeast last.
- Set it to the dough cycle.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- When it’s done roll it on a floured surface. Make sure they are not too sticky.
- Divide into 12 pieces, shape each into a ball. Place about 3 inches apart on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rest 10 minutes. Bake at 425 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
We love these rolls. We use them for mini sandwiches and sloppy joes. The wheat in the recipe really gives it an awesome flavor.