I came across this recipe a few weeks ago and I could not wait to go buy pecans and have someone bring me brown sugar so I could try it! I saw it on A Few Shortcuts. Check out her blog for great step by step pictures of this recipes. It is so delicious! This will definitely become part of our holiday tradition. It is easier to eat than pie (in my opinion). Try it and tell me what you think!
Pecan Pie Bars
2/3 cup sugar
½ cup (1 stick) butter or margarine (softened)
1 tsp vanilla
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup packed Brown Sugar
½ cup Corn Syrup
1 tsp vanilla
¼ tsp salt
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans (I may use more next time.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease bottom and sides of a 13×9 inch pan.
- In a large bowl mix sugar, butter, vanilla, and flour. Mix well.
- Press dough in bottom and ½ inch up the sides of the 9×13 pan.
- Bake 15 minutes until edges are golden brown.
- While Crust is baking; beat brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, salt, and eggs in a medium bowl.
- Stir in pecans.
- When crust is finished, pour pecan mixture over crust and bake for another 25 minutes or until set.
*Great Tip – Loosen edges from sides of pan while warm; cool completely.
Don’t miss any deals! Please subscribe to my RSS Feed or get email alerts. You can also follow me on Twitter.
Friday 20th of November 2009
These look so great. I am going to try them this weekend. YUM! Thanks
Thursday 19th of November 2009
I am so glad you liked them. They are a Fall favorite at my house! Thanks for the post!