It makes about 24 croissant – I broke the dough into 3 balls and made about 8 per ball. You can make them smaller or larger depending on what you need them for. Feel free to double the recipe. I use this smaller recipe so I don’t eat them all. You could freeze what you don’t use and eat them with the other things you have batch cooked.
Bread Machine Croissant
- 1/2 cup milk, warmed
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 cups flour (you can add more during the dough cycle if it’s too runny)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Tablespoons yeast
- Place all the ingredients in your bread machine. I always put wet ingredients first and yeast last. Set to dough cycle. (I put the milk in the microwave for about 15 seconds.)
- When it’s finished (about 90 minutes) take it out of your machine and lay it on a floured surface. I use a pizza cutter to cut into 3 balls
- Roll each ball into a circle (maybe about 9 inch in diameter). I am really bad at this. Half of my croissants are odd shaped.
- Add (hot dogs, chocolate chips, butter, nothing, etc,) to the croissants.
- Start to roll at the top of the triangle – ending at the point.
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes (depending on size). I check them about have way through and flip them over so they brown on all sides.
Serve warm and enjoy!
I think my kids have eaten most of the pigs in the blankets and many of my chocolate filled croissants. What else would you put inside your croissants?