I was thinking about couponing and I thought it may be useful to have a quick resource of couponing. I love coupons. I think of them as free money. Yes, you pay for the newspapers, but you get a lot more in return when you use them.
- Do use coupons! There is nothing wrong with coupons. Companies put them out there to get you to use their products. Stores get reimbursed for these coupons plus a processing fee. So don’t let a store ever make you feel bad about using a coupons!
- Do get (at least) 2 papers every week. You can use 2 coupons when you buy something that is buy 1 get 1 free. You can see what coupons are available each week before you buy your papers. Most holidays will not have coupons in the paper.
- Don’t use a coupon for a product you are not buying! It’s not right – so don’t do it. Make sure you are also buying the size of the product that is listed on the coupon.
- Print your coupons! It’s also important to print the coupons you like when you see them. You never know when they will disappear. You could also get lucky and the coupon could reset. That means if you already printed the coupon – you will be able to print it again! You should be able to print a coupon twice.
- Do organize your coupons. I save the most money when I make a list, check the sales ads and pull out the coupons I need. If you are not organized you are wasting your time.
- Always have your coupons with you! I have saved so much money when I have gone to a store with my coupons. Many times the store will have a clearance section and with my coupons I have bought stuff and paid at least 75% off the regular price!
- Know your store coupon policy! If you know your store coupon policy – it may save you some frustration. In this new day of Extreme Couponing stores have tightened up their store policy. Know if you can use competitor’s coupons because that can save you a lot more money.
- Don’t be afraid to ask to speak to a manager. If you believe you are not being allowed to use a coupon you think you should be able to use – ask for the manager. Sometimes the cashiers doesn’t know everything. I can say that because I was a cashier for a few years at Publix.
- Maximize your saving by using a store coupon and a manufacturer’s coupon. Did you know that at many stores you can use 2 coupons on 1 product! For example – Target, Publix, Winn Dixie, and more stores have store coupons that you can print or get in a sales ad. Pair them with a manufacturer’s coupons to save more!
- Don’t throw away your expired coupons! You can’t use them any more but you can send them to military families to use. The military and their families are able to use manufacturer coupons up to 6 months after their expiration dates at their Commissaries if they are stationed abroad.
So there are my top 10 tips for couponing! What do you think? Do you have anything to add?