If you are looking for ways to save money – one of the easiest ways to save money is to shut off your cable. Pretty much anything you want to watch on TV can be found through an online service. Here are some of the options you have available to help save you money on your cable bill. Plus you shouldn’t miss many of your favorite shows!
- Check out the network’s website – Check out the network’s website of your favorite shows. You will probably be surprised at all the free shows the networks have online.
- Amazon Prime – they have tons of shows and movies you can watch for free when you have Amazon Prime.
- Hulu Plus – Get a 7 day free trial and it’s just $8 per month after that. There are a ton of current shows available. You can even watch One Life to Live and All My children.
- Redbox Instant™ by Verizon – This is a new option for streaming videos. Plus you will get 4 free rentals at your local Redbox. Try them out for 30 days for FREE!
- Netflix – This has been available forever! New members get a free 30 day trial. After that it’s just $7.99 per month. We have this and I love that the kids can watch Phineas & Ferb in their room and I can still watch what I want on my TV. You can watch Netflix on more than one device at a time!
Here’s some of the devices that you can use to stream these to your TV (These are Amazon prices and they can change at anytime.)
- Roku LT Streaming Player – $49.99
- WD TV Live Streaming Media Player Wi-Fi 1080p– $113.99 (Also streams SlingBox)
- Apple TV $95.99
- RCA Wi-fi Streaming Media Player DSB772E with 1080p HDMI output
- Netgear NeoTV Max Streaming Player NTV300SL – $70
- Xbox 360
- And many more