Let me just say that these are delicious but they are kinda hard to eat. So many people on Facebook wanted the recipe, so I am going to share it. But it’s a work in progress. You have to keep them in the refrigerator or they get gooey. They are still delicious!
If you have any ideas about how they can be less gooey – let me know. I may have to turn this into a recipe that you have to bake.
No Bake M&M Granola Bars
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1/3 cup pancake syrup (I know it sounds crazy but it’s good!)
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 2/3 cup of peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup of M&M’s
- In a large bowl combine the oats and the Rice Krispies
- Add in the syrup, honey, peanut butter, and vanilla and mix well.
- Pour into a grease 8X8 pan.
- Dump the M&M’s on top and make sure you press them firmly into the mixture – otherwise they will fall off when you eat them!
- Place in the refrigerator for at lease 30 minutes and enjoy!
So let me know what you think. We really loved them. I will be working to perfect this yummy recipe!
Monday 20th of May 2013
Yummy! I will have to make these for all the kids that will be here over the weekend. Thanks for sharing this easy-peasy sounding recipe.