Yes you read that right! There are just 100 days until Christmas. Have you started to get ready for Christmas? Have you started to save any money for Christmas? Don’t worry – you aren’t out of time. You can start to get ready now so that Christmas will be less stressful! Lets take the next 100 days to make Christmas less stressful. Here is an overview of my ideas – but every day I will (try) to highlight a different way to save or earn money for Christmas. I even plan on a series of DIY Christmas gifts!
First I would suggest setting a budget. If you want to spend $500 try to put away $35 a week. ($35 x 14 weeks = $500). When you have money set you can start buying Christmas gifts. I know what my kids want so it I see a really great deal I know I have the money to buy their gift.
Plus there are so many ways to earn FREE gift cards that can help with Christmas shopping. Remember last year I got an iPad 3 for $92 because I had so many FREE gift card!
Here are just a few tips. I will elaborate on them more in the coming weeks.
- Many daily deal sites will offer you a free credit when you join. Some only offer these credits during a few weeks of the year. Join these sites when they offer free credits! I was able to buy a $30 Shari’s Berry for $5 because I joined RueLaLa when they were offering a free $10 credit – I can even use this voucher towards shipping and tax. Another family member got a nice, yummy gift basket! I was also able to get my husband $30 worth of stuff from NFLShop.com for $5 with a $10 credit I had from RueLaLa!
- Amazon Local – They are always offering some great deals and coupons for their products.
- Free Magazines subscriptions – For people that don’t need anything I know they like magazine subscriptions for gifts. I was able to use points I earned on Recycle Bank to get free magazine subscriptions as gifts.
- Redeeming my points – If you have kids, you should be a member of things like Disney Movie Rewards, Huggies Enjoy The Ride, and Pampers Gifts to Grow. I was able to redeem my Disney points for a $20 Disney Store gift cards. I used my Huggies points to get a $15 Starbucks gift card. I have even used my Pampers rewards for a $20 Sams Club gift card and $10 Starbucks gift card!
- Plum District – They have great “family friendly deals”.
- NoMoreRack – they give you a free $10 credit to spend on $30 or more when you join. It’s a great way to get an extra discount on stuff that’s already on sale!
- Throughout the year I use Swagbucks to earn points that I trade in for Amazon gift cards.
- I also take surveys from Opinion Outpost and they pay me via PayPal, Amazon gift cards, or other gift cards. Many of the retailers I shop at online let me pay with Paypal so I don’t even have to touch my bank account! (I made about $250 last year from Opinion Outpost – and I only did surveys for about 6 months of the year!)
- I also earn free gift cards from MyPoints – You read emails or shop through this site and earn points. You trade the points for gift cards. This is a simple way to earn free gift cards, but it takes time.
- Then I do all my shopping through Ebates, TopCashBack, or Shop at Home – I am earning cash back on the stuff I buy with the free gift cards I earned! Ebates will even send you a free $10 give card to Target, Walmart, or Kohls when you make your first $25 purchase.
- You may also want to read how I paid $92 for my iPad 3 with all the free Amazon gift cards I have earned.