I love walking through the Target clearance section. You can find so many great deals. But did you know there is a system they use for mark-downs? If you know their system – you may be able to save even more money.
First, it is important to know that they have a schedule that they follow. Each day they mark down a different sections.
- Monday– Kids Clothing, Baby items, Stationery, and Electronics
- Tuesday – Womens Clothing and Domestics items
- Wednesday – Mens Clothing, Toys, Health and Beauty, Food, Garden
- Thursday – Lingerie, Shoes,Sporting Goods, Luggage and Housewares.
- Friday – Cosmetics, Jewelry, Automotive, Hardware and Home Improvement
Want to know if something is going to be even cheaper? If the price ends in an “8” it will be marked down even further. For example, if something is $14.98 it will be marked down again. If it ends with an “4” that is the lowest price you will see. So if you see something you really like and itends in a “4” – you should buy it! You will also see the percentage it is marked down on the upper right side of the price tag.
They usually markdown stuff in these increments – 15%, 30%, 50%, 70%, 75% and 90%. Generally, they will mark down items every 2 weeks. But that can really depend on the region.
I hope these tips can help you save more money at Target. I know when we go to Target I go to the section I know should be marked down.
You can also visit The Penny Hoarder for more ways to save money at Target.