Say goodbye to big banks and their big fees with GoBank
Disclosure: I have been compensated for the post, but as always, all thoughts and opinions are my own!
The holidays are over but you may have some bills coming in from all your holiday shopping. Now is the time to create your budget and start saving some money! Thanks to GoBank you have an easy way to do all of those things! Have you heard of GoBank? They are operated by Green Dot Corporation.
GoBank is the award-winning bank account available at select Walmart locations and made to be used on your mobile phone, with no overdraft or penalty fees ever. With GoBank, members have full access and control of their money from participating Walmart locations, as well as their iPhone, iPod Touch or Android device, and can withdraw cash from more than 42,000 fee-free ATMs in the U.S! People can sign up for a GoBank account by purchasing a GoBank starter kit at participating Walmart stores, and can manage their account on their mobile phone or computer. In March, GoBank was named a Gold Winner for 2013 PYMNTS Innovator Awards!
Talk about the perfect card for you! I love being able to check my account on the go using a mobile app! This is especially important to me when I spot a great deal on something. I like to check my budget to see if I can pick it up! That’s not the only cool thing about GoBank either!
Check out these awesome features brought to you by GoBank:
- Quick Account Set-Up: Setting up a GoBank account can take just minutes after purchasing a starter kit for $2.95. After set-up, customers can immediately use their starter debit MasterCard for purchases until their personalized card arrives in the mail. So NO waiting for your card to arrive before making purchases!
- Transparent Fee Structure: GoBank’s $8.95 monthly cost is waived in any month with qualifying direct deposits totaling $500 or more. Other fees include a 3 percent foreign transaction fee and out-of-network ATM fees (typically $2.50 for an out-of-network ATM plus any fee the ATM owner may assess). So no getting a bill at the end of the month with hidden fee’s you weren’t expecting!
- Early Paycheck Availability: GoBank also offers early payroll direct deposit so customers can get their paycheck deposited earlier than their normal payday if their employer notifies GoBank of a deposit in advance. We all want our money earlier right!?
- Advice on Spending from “Fortune Teller” feature: “Remember that time you won the lottery? I don’t either.” This is a response a customer might see from GoBank’s “Fortune Teller,” if they try to spend beyond their budget. “Fortune Teller” crosschecks the price of an item with a customer’s planned income and expenses, and if they can’t afford it, they’ll be advised in real-time to pass on the purchase. This is my favorite feature, it’s a fun way to remind you to stay on budget!
- Send Money Instantly: Customers can instantly send money to each other at no charge via email or text message.
- Money Vault: The Money Vault is an integrated bank account, with deposits insured by the FDIC, where customers can easily put money away. In real time, they can move money into the vault for safekeeping or out of the vault to be accessed with their debit MasterCard. This makes it super easy to save!