This information is brought to you by Spektrum Glasses. All opinions are my own.
No matter how hard we try – we spend too much time looking at our laptops, cell phones, watching TV, etc. All these devices emit blue light. Blue light from the sun helps our bodies determine day from night. Blue light from the sun helps our bodies determine day from night, and thus, when it’s time for sleep. The introduction of computers and television to our lives often distorts our bodies ability to do this and throws off our body’s circadian rhythm, or biological clock.
It can cause sleepless nights and dry/sore eyes. One way we can help our body to not be effected by these blue lights is with the help of blue light blocking glasses. Spectrum Glasses contain a special blue light blocking lens. They can help you sleep better and help your overall eye health.
Light from fluorescent and incandescent bulbs, LEDs (light-emitting diodes) in televisions, smartphones and computers and even the flashing light from an alarm clock all emit blue light which tells your body that it’s still daytime. That’s fine when it is still day time but when it isn’t, your brain and body get thrown off kilter. Anti bluelight glasses help to mitigate these effects by allowing you to see what you are doing without disrupting hormonal cues.
Spektrum’s product line helps filter the colors that enter your eye’s to prevent negative aspects of our essential devices. Unlike sunglasses they do not reduce overall light or make the world look darker. Instead they tint the range of colors we see to avoid the disruption of our internal clock and prevents the damaged caused to our eyes.
Each lens features:
- UV Light Blocking
- Anti-Screen Flicker
- Blue Light Reduction
- Anti-Oil (Fingerprint Resistant)
- Electromagnetic Ray Blocking
50% Blocking Glasses
- Ideal for mid day use when blue light has less of an affect
- Allows more light through which means you get to see true colours
- Blocks the 50% most harmful blue light
- Look like regular prescrtiption glasses
99% Blocking Glasses
- Ideal for late night use when blue light has the strongest affect on our body
- Tints everything yellow which can be a tad claustrophobic for some people
- Ideal for people that are very sensitive to blue light
If you are looking to protect your eyes from excess blue light – visit SpektrumGlasses.com. They are affordable and stylish!