This post, Summer Produce Recipe Round Up With Rubbermaid® FreshWorks, is a sponsored review, I received free product from SheSpeaks. All opinions are my own. #FreshWorksFreshness
When I go to the grocery store to pick up items for lunch during the week, my kids are usually with me and they like to pick out a few items from the product department like strawberries and blueberries. I like to eat salads during the week so I pick up some spinach leaves since they are also great in omelets and sautéed in garlic.
But then life happens. We don’t eat the strawberries, blueberries, and spinach right away. So we end up throwing them away and it’s a huge waste of money. As a result of throwing away fresh produce, Americans waste $24 billion worth of produce every year, which is the equivalent of $192 per household.** Produce items aren’t cheap and I hate to throw away food – especially healthy stuff.
We all want to throw away less food and spend less time at the grocery store. I think Rubbermaid® FreshWorksTM. is going to help our summer produce items last longer and we are going to save a lot more money! I had the chance to try them for a week and I was very impressed.
I put half the items in the Rubbermaid FreshWorks Produce Saver and the other half in the container it came in from the store. After a few days – the spinach was still in perfect share in the Rubbermaid container, but was really wilting in the store packaging.
The blueberries got a little mushy in the store packaging and my kids will not eat them like that. In the Rubbermaid FreshWorks Container, we were able to enjoy the blueberries throughout the week! Oh, and my spinach was great all week in salads and omelets!
Why Use FreshWorks Produce Saver?
- Keeps Produce Fresher, Longer: FreshWorks is a food storage container that uses patented FreshVentTM technology to keep produce fresher up to 80%* longer than traditional produce packaging. FreshVent regulates the flow of oxygen and carbon dioxide to create the optimal environment so produce stays nearly as fresh as the day it was picked, while the CrispTrayTM helps reduce moisture and spoilage.
- Reduces Waste: Many people find that their produce has spoiled after just a few days, leaving them no choice but to throw it away. FreshWorks extends the life of your produce, so you can eat your produce before it goes to waste.
- Easy to Use: With FreshWorks Produce Saver, you can simply move produce from store packaging and into the FreshWorks containers before refrigerating to maintain freshness for up to 80% longer. The lid filter lasts a lifetime, no replacements needed.
- Microwave and top shelf dishwasher safe, BPA-free.
*Based on strawberries in FreshWorks containers vs. store packaging at day 21.
** Source: USDA 2014
There are so many delicious options when it comes to summer produce. I plan on picking strawberries and blueberries at farms this summer and now I can enjoy them for a few weeks! Here are a few recipes you can enjoy this summer because you kept your produce fresher longer in FreshWorks Produce Saver Containers!
- Fresh Peach Pie Recipe (couponcuttingmom.com)
- Strawberry & Spinach Salad With Poppy Seed Dressing
- Watermelon Salad Recipe (reusegrowenjoy.com)
- Grilled Steak with Sriracha Blueberry Sauce (mommysplaybook.com)
- Lemon Blackberry Tarts (thismamaloves.com)
- 5 Ingredient Fresh Fruit Salad (groundedandsurrounded.com)
- Blueberry Mini White Chocolate Cheesecakes (smalltownwoman.com)
- Blackberry No Churn Ice Cream (reusegrowenjoy.com)
- Couscous Salad with Peaches and Arugula (cookingwithcurls.com)
- Easy Strawberry Pie Recipe (couponcuttingmom.com)