If you shop online, you will want to know how to track your holiday mail. For a long time, I have been a member of websites that track your mail to let you know what to expect. It will help me make sure I know when I needed to watch for the mail so I can hide anything that may be a Christmas gift. The best part is…these services are free! So take a minute and sign up!
I get a lot of packages. Some I know are coming and others are a good surprise. Just today I got an email for a package I was expecting. It is for a bread product I will be using in a blog post, but I was shocked to see that the package weighs 11 pounds! I can’t wait to see what 11 pounds of bread looks like. (Party at my house!)
You can get all the information you need with the free version but you can pay a small fee if you need them to reroute a package or hold it. You can even sign for your package online so you don’t have to be home to receive it.
You get up-to-date delivery alerts and can track multiple package statuses in a calendar view. Take the worry out of missed deliveries, or having packages sit outside while you’re away.
UPS My Choice offers two levels of membership—a free service that provides a core set of delivery management features with enhanced services available on demand. So if you won’t use these features very often, you can just pay the small fee when you need the service.
FedEx also lets you know when you have a package being shipped to you and they will give you updates and let you know when it has arrived. I love to get text alerts about my shipments. They also have benefits for signing up and it’s free!
There are no enrollment fees or shipping quotas. Simply provide your contact information, create a user ID and password, and enter your credit card information to get these great benefits.
- Discounts of up to 16 percent on eligible FedEx Express® services and up to 8 percent on eligible FedEx Ground® and FedEx Home Delivery® services*
- Streamlined shipping with our online tools built for shippers and shipments of all types and sizes
- Account management tools, including online billing and an address book for repeat shipments
- Free shipping supplies
There are several benefits to joining Informed Delivery® by USPS® but my favorite is that every morning I get an email and it has the scanned images of all the mail I will receive that day. Once it said I would receive my water bill (it’s a postcard so I can see all the details) but it didn’t show up in my mailbox but I was still able to make my payment online because I had all the information I needed.
- Interact with your incoming mail and packages on the secure, online dashboard.
- Preview Incoming Mail – View grayscale images of the exterior, address side of letter-sized mailpieces scheduled to arrive soon.*
- Check the delivery status of packages and when they’re scheduled to arrive.
- Leave delivery instructions if you won’t be home to accept a package.
- Missed a delivery? Schedule a package to be redelivered.
- Set up email and/or text notifications to track the delivery status of your package(s)
These services are free and easy to join! Make this holiday season a little bit easier. Know when your packages and letter will arrive!
If you want to send someone you love some cookies in the mail, here are some of my favorites:
- Easy Ooey Gooey Christmas Cake Cookies
- Oatmeal Fudge Bars
- Reeses Pieces Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies