Halloween is just around the corner! I love to make fun and unique treats for my friends and family. These doughnuts are so awesome – especially if you are a Disney fan! You could even make these if you are celebrating a trip to Disney World!
Mickey Frankenstein Doughnuts are great for a Halloween party! They are a yummy homemade chocolate baked doughnute with a glaze.
Mickey Frankenstein Doughnuts
- Makes 15 doughnuts
- Printable Recipe
- 1 cup flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup + 1 ½ tablespoon whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350* and spray a doughnut baking pan with non-stick baking spray
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, milk, butter, and vanilla extract.
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Spoon the batter into doughnut pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes before removing them and placing them onto a wire rack
If you only have 1 baking pan you will need to repeat the steps until all batter is used.
- 1 box of grey fondant
- 1 cut out of the electrical part on Frankenstein’s neck
- 1 bag of black candy melts
- 1 bottle of silver edible spray
- 1 box of toothpicks
- cutting board
- powdered sugar for dusting on the cutting board
- Roll out the fondant onto the cutting board to ⅛ inch thick.
- Cut out the shape of the electrical part. You will need 30 cut outs for each doughnuts.
- Spray each piece with the edible dust and allow the pieces to dry for an hour.
Vanilla doughnut icing ingredients:
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon clear corn syrup
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- Green and Black gel food coloring
- 2 disposable piping bags
- 2 squeeze bottles
- Using a standing mixer, combine the powdered sugar, corn syrup, milk and vanilla extract and mix on medium to high speed until smooth and thick.
- Scoop about ¾ cup of the icing into 2 bowls.
- Add a few drops of green to one bowl and a few drops of black to the second bowl.
- Scoop some of the two icings into their own piping bags.
- Pour the remaining icings into their own squeeze bottles and set aside.
- Using a knife, cut slits into the top corners of the doughnut for Mickey’s ears and place a black candy melt into the slits.
- Using the black icing piping bag, pipe the lines of Mickey’s hair and fill in the lines with the black icing. Allow to dry for 30 minutes.
- Using the green icing bag, pipe a line under the black lines for his skin.
- Fill in the rest of the doughnuts with the green icing and allow to dry for an hour.
- On the back of the fondant piece, pipe a skinny line of icing to act as “glue” and place a toothpick into the icing. Carefully push toothpick into the side of the doughnut.
Are you looking for some more Halloween and Fall Recipes? Check out some of my favorites:
- Caramel Apple Candy Dip
- The Best Apple Pie
- Easy Caramel Apple Balls
- No Bake Cookie Dough Pumpkin Pops (Gluten Free/Eggless)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Snickerdoodles
- How To Easily Cook a Whole Pumpkin in the Slow Cooker
- Best Muffins Ever! Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins
- Halloween Snacks – Jack O Lantern Floats
- Homemade Apple Pumpkin Dog Biscuits
- Easy Pumpkin Coffee Cake With Streusel Topping