We have a 2-year-old black lab/boxer mix. She is a pretty good dog. She loves our kids and is a great watchdog. She also thinks that she is still a tiny puppy and likes to snuggle her 50-pound body in tiny spaces.
She loves food! And she is very disobedient when there is food around. If my kids leave food on the kitchen island..she will jump on the counter and grab the food. So we have been trying to teach her that this behavior needs to stop.
We use an electric fence in the yard. She knows her boundaries and immediately turns around if her collar beeps at her. So using a training collar seems like the perfect solution to correct this behavior. The Petrainer Remote Dog Training Collar from Chewy.com is very affordable for just $35.99 to stop unwanted behavior.
She doesn’t wear the collar all the time but it is a great tool to teach not to jump on the counter to grab food. It has a beeping function that warns her that what she is doing is wrong.
It can also help with barking, digging or pulling with the touch of a button using the programmable remote and waterproof collar unit.
It’s easy to customize your pup’s training sessions with one of four stimulation modes–beep, light, vibration or static shock. It has a range of up to 900 feet and a backlit LCD screen. When training time is over, the receiver and transmitter can easily be recharged together.
- TPU collar strap is designed to fit small, medium and large dogs over 10 pounds and is adjustable from 7 to 27 inches.
- Great for addressing such common behavioral issues as digging or chewing, aggression or barking, and jumping up or bolting.
- Compact and 100% waterproof receiver has a range of up to 330 yards for training sessions in the park or backyard.
- Remote can be programmed to customize training sessions with four different stimulation modes and 100 levels of intensity.
- The rechargeable transmitter and receiver make training time easy and safe with available Memory and Auto-Protect functions.
Zelda may look adorable but she is still learning when she is breaking the rules. I love that this collar is making easy to help her know when she’s making bad choices and soon I know she will no longer be jumping on the kitchen counter to grab food.