Here is another great recipe that I mixed together to help us eat more asparagus. The first time I made this we ate every single piece of asparagus. I guess the combination of the garlic and cheese made me feel like I was eating french fries. It was so good that my husband made us buy 4 pounds of it at the store the other day so he could have it again (and again and again)!
It’s really easy and it cooks pretty fast. It’s also a pretty flexible recipe. If you like it a little crunchy don’t cook it so long. If you like it mush, cook it longer. You can also add the cheese to the asparagus after they are on the baking sheet. Just play around with the recipe to fit your tastes.
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil (eyeball it to your liking)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1-2 teaspoons of Parmesan or Romano cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400* F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (this will make clean up so much easier).
- I like to cut the asparagus about half way. Add the top halves to a large bowl and coat with olive oil. You can dice the garlic but I like to use a grater to grate the garlic. I think it gives it more taste. Add cheese and salt and pepper to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.)
- Lay them in a single layer on a baking sheet. (You could sprinkle a little more cheese here if you want.) Bake for 9-13 minutes until they are the desired texture.
If you have never liked asparagus – this is a great recipe to try. They almost taste fried and I love the combination of the cheese and garlic. I think this is a recipe you will really enjoy!
This goes great with my Pico De G