I have been eating a lot more salads lately. I am really trying to eat less junk and more fruits and vegetables. I like to have a little variety of salad dressings to pick from, so I made this recipe for an oriental type salad dressing.
We had some chicken stir fry for dinner the other night and I use the leftover chicken in the salad with some sliced almonds. It was really good. I don’t like re-heated chicken – so this is the perfect way for me to eat some of our leftovers.
Oriental Salad Dressing
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1-2 Tablespoons water (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to a container with a lid.
- Cover and shake well. Serve over your favorite salad.
- Makes about 1½ cups of dressing.
This will probably keep for about 2 weeks in your refrigerator.