We are trying to clean out our fridge – so I am trying to use up all the little stuff in my fridge. We had bacon the other day and we had 4 slices left. I have always loved the combination of bacon, ranch, and cheddar. This recipe was perfect to use up the things I already had in my house!
This is a meal that takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. You will stay busy because you are cooking a few things at the same time. I love how creamy this is and how easy it is to make. It will be a delicious meal your family will love!
Bacon Ranch Chicken Pasta
- 12 oz spiral pasta (or other small pasta)
- 2 chicken breasts – cooked and diced
- 4 pieces of cooked and crumbled bacon
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ¾ – 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to its package’s directions. Drain and set aside.
- I used my George Foreman Grill to cook my chicken – but this would also be a great recipe to use up leftover chicken.
- Making the sauce – Melt butter in saucepan and add flour. Stir to combine.
- Once you have your roux (its a little thick), add heavy cream and stir often over low heat until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in Ranch dressing, onion powder, and garlic salt until well combined.
- Add cheddar cheese and stir until combined well. Stir and heat over medium heat until warm and bubbly.
- In a large bowl combine the pasta, chicken, and sauce until well combined. Serve and enjoy!
Tip – I also added a little bacon grease into the sauce mixture. It’s not necessary but it gives it a little extra bacon flavor! You can also add a little more bacon, I just used what I had in my house!