Are you looking for an awesome cake to make for your Valentine? If they like Peanut Butter – this is your cake! It’s like eating a giant peanut butter cup! It’s not too difficult to make. My husband said that this may be the cake he requests for his birthday cake. And a friend that doesn’t like peanut butter loved this cake! If you make it – let me know what you think!
- 1 Chocolate Cake Mix (any brand box mix)
- 1 small box chocolate pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
(Please note – you do not need to use any of the ingredients listed on the back of the cake box.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a spring form cake pan. (The kind you use for cheesecakes.)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. This batter will be very thick.
- Pour into the greased spring form pan.
- Bake at 375 for 40 minutes in a greased spring form pan. (Test it after about 35 minutes so you don’t burn it.) The tooth pick may not come out clean because this cake is so moist, but the center should bounce back if you touch it.
- Let it cool and remove the spring form from around the cake.
Peanut Butter Frosting Recipe:
- 1/2 cup of softened butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of milk
Make sure the cake is completely cooled before frosting it.
- In a small bowl combine all the ingredients. (You may not need all the milk – it just depends on the consistency you like.)
- Mix well and spread on your cake and enjoy!
Make sure to check out my 30 Crock Pot Freezer Meals – this will save you a ton of time and money in the kitchen!