I love my slow cooker. I know we will always have a great dinner when I throw everything in my slow cooker. This is one of my favorite soups for the slow cooker. It is so flavorful and so easy to make. It is part of my crock pot series 1 Hour + 1 Mess = 5 Crock Pot Dinners. This was a soup my whole family loved!
- 1 ½ – 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (24 oz) can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed
- 1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Crumbled tortilla chips
- cream (sour or Mexican)
- shredded cheese (cheddar or Mexican mix)
- All all the ingredients except the tortilla chips, cream, and cheese to the crock pot.
- Cover, and cook on high for 4 to 6 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours
- When it’s done remove chicken and shred with 2 forks. The smaller the better since you can’t really cut up your soup.
- Tip – once you remove the chicken place the chunky stuff into a blender and blend until smooth. My kids don’t like chunks but they loved this soup!
- To serve, mix in some cream, cheese and tortilla chips.
Add this to your next meal plan for an easy and delicious dinner.