We love granola bars – but they don’t have a lot of healthy ingredients. Thats why I love to make our own granola bars. I usually have most of these ingredients in the pantry. Here’s a flash back of my granola bar recipe. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ½ cups rolled oats, quick cooking
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9X13 pan.
- Mix the peanut butter, honey, egg, oil, and vanilla extract until well blended.
- In a separate bowl combine oats, sugar, salt and mini chocolate chips; add to peanut butter mixture and mix for about a minute.
- Press the mixture into a 9X13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. Let the bars cool completely before cutting. I cut them into large bars and it made 15 bars.
*You could even change the chips to milk chocolate or peanut butter chips. It may even be great with chunky peanut butter or Nutella. Store in an air tight container.