Most nights I need my chocolate fix. I don’t want to make a whole cake or a batch of cookies just to eat chocolate. I have tried so many mug cakes and they are all so dense. They taste ok, but they leave me feeling like I have lump in my stomach. This chocolate chip, peanut butter mug cake recipe is very fluffy and delicious.
My boys loved it and cleaned the mug. The good thing is you can also cook this in any type of microwave safe container. I make it in a large mug and a bowl and they both were perfect. Even better you prep and bake in the same container – so less mess!
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 ½ Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 ½ Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 heaping Tablespoon peanut butter
- Chocolate Chips
- Spray your mug or bowl with cooking spray. Whisk together the dry ingredients
- Then add the oil, milk, and peanut butter. Whisk until smooth.
- Top it off with a handful of chocolate chips and microwave on high for 1 minute and 5 seconds. (If it doesn’t seem cooked cook for 10 seconds at a time – you don’t want to over cook it!)
It is going to puff up so make sure you use a big enough container. You will want to eat it right away! Top with ice cream or whipped topping.
Make sure to check out my 30 Crock Pot Freezer Meals – this will save you a ton of time and money in the kitchen!