I have been trying really hard to not use cream soups in my recipes. The canned versions have so much sodium and they are so bad for you. But there are just sometimes that a recipe really needs a can of cream soup. So I have this recipe to use instead of the canned version. It’s really quick and easy to make and it only requires a few ingredients you probably already have in your house.
Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat.
- Whisk in the flour and whisk until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and slowly whisk in the milk and chicken broth.
- Return to the heat and bring to a boil, whisking constantly, until the soup thickens.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
That’s it! It takes just a few minutes and it is really much better for your family. Have you ever tried to make your own cream soup?