I love all the pretty pastel colors for Easter. You can find so many yummy candies made just for Easter. So this is the time of year to make fun “Spring” desserts. This is a very simple recipe that you can prepare with your kids. They will have so much fun making these cookies.
You can probably find a pretty good deal on the M&M’s at you favorite store. Im sure you already have all of these ingredients in your pantry. (I know I always have those ingredients in my house!) So go whip up a batch of delicious cookies and brighten someones day!
Easter M&M Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 10 oz bag of M&Ms (Peanut M&Ms are better because they are bigger.)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the eggs and vanilla until well incorporated then add flour, salt, and baking powder. Don’t over mix the dough.
- Shape dough into small balls about the size of a walnut, and add them to the baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 9-11 minutes until lightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and immediately press in one M&M into center of each cookie. (Use a couple of plain M&M’s or just 1 Peanut M&M should work!
- Remove from the cookie sheet and let cool on a cooling rack. (I have also used paper towels on my counter and let cookies cool on them.