This shop, Easy Frosted Rice Krispies Treats With M&M’s®, has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MMsCarrotCake #CollectiveBias
Easter is very early this year! It feels like it will be here before we know it. In our family I have 3 sisters, so we usually rotate who will host Easter dinner. This year I get to do it. It is the first time in many years that I have lived close to my family so it is going to be a fun filled family event.
So far, we have 30 people coming over for dinner. That may sound a little overwhelming for some people, but when I was growing up, our house was the family holiday house. Our home was filled with aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends and I loved it!
My mom use to prepare everything, but – she was super woman! Our Easter dinner will be pot luck dinner. Each person will bring 2 items to share. Im going to prepare a ham and dessert.
When I was in Walmart, I did a double take when I saw M&M’s® Carrot Cake. I’m a huge fan of M&M’s® and of Carrot Cake – so I had to buy them. First they were delicious. They taste just like you are eating a piece of carrot cake! I thought I would use them in a recipe I plan on making for our Easter Dinner.
Frosted Treats With M&M’s® Carrot Cake
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) Marshmallows
- 6 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1 16oz Jar of your favorite vanilla frosting
- 1 9.9 oz bag of M&M’s® Carrot Cake
- 1 9.9 oz bag of Milk Chocolate M&M’s®
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add puffed rice cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper press mixture into 13 x 9 pan coated with cooking spray.
- Let cool a little bit and flip the treats on to a cookie sheet. Add the whole container of vanilla icing and spread. Cut into 15 squares.
- Now you can decorate! I used 5 orange M&M’s® Carrot Cake to make the carrot and then I used 2 green Milk Chocolate M&M’s® to make the stem.
Serve and enjoy!
These are a huge hit in my house – everyone loves this simple and festive looking dessert! If you need to make a dessert to bring to Easter Dinner, this simple dessert will impress everyone!
What are your plans for Easter?