I am always looking for a unique cookie to make around the holidays. What better combination will you taste with peanut butter and Rolos! You can take them to a party or share them with your neighbors. I don’t know about you but I always make way too many cookies. I have so much fun in the kitchen with my kids that we keep making more cookies!
Rolo Peanut Butter Cookies
- ½ Cup unsalted butter, room temp
- ½ Cup brown sugar
- ½ Cup sugar
- 1 egg, room temp
- 1 Cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ Cup flour
- 1 package of Rolo candy
- 1 bottle of Ghirardelli chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and both sugars with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy.
- Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl to include in mixing the ingredients.
- Add the egg, mixing until smooth.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla to the mixture. Blend well.
- In a separate bowl whisk baking soda, powder,salt and flour, slowly adding to the wet ingredients.
- Mix well to ensure all of the ingredients are well blended.
- Using a small ice cream scoop make small dough balls. Using your thumb press a hole in the center of the dough ball (don’t push through to the bottom of the cookie). Unwrap the rolo and place in the hole, squeeze the top of the hole together.
- Place them on the lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes or until they are lightly brown on the bottom of each of the cookies.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool briefly on the cookie sheet.
- Transfer to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Put a cookie sheet under the wire rack and drizzle the cooled cookie with chocolate syrup.
Enjoy and share!
What are some of your favorite cookies?