This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MinionsAtTarget #CollectiveBias
This summer we saw the Minions in the theater. My kids loved it so much that as soon as we got in the car they asked if we could buy the Blu-ray when it was available. It was a really cute movie and my kids laughed a lot.
We try to have family movie nights. We have a fun dinner and create a dessert to go with the movie. Since we were going to watch the Minions movie, I thought I would surprise them with minion brownies.
They are so easy to make and your kids will have a lot of fun customizing their brownies. I was able to pick up all the supplies I needed when I went to Target to purchase the movie. (Target has an exclusive Blu-Ray/DVD Metal Pak that includes a DVD that contains 40 minutes of Exclusive content!)
- Your favorite 9X9 brownie recipe
- parchment paper
- white icing
- blue and yellow food coloring
- black icing gel
- Candy eyes
- plastic knife (optional)
- Prepare the brownies according to the package directions. Make sure you line your 9×9 pan with parchment paper so it’s easier to remove and cut the brownies.
- Let the brownies cool completely. Remove them from the pan and set on the counter. I used a tape measure to measure out 3 inches long and 2 inches wide so I had 9 brownies to decorate. (If you use a plastic knife it does not pull the brownies and you get a very clean cut.)
- Carefully cut a little off the top sides of the brownie to round off the edges.
- Separate the white icing into 2 bowls. Add enough food coloring to each bowl to get a bright yellow and dark blue. Spread half the brownie with yellow and the other half with blue.
- Add an eye or 2 eyes depending on which minion you want to make.
- Using the black gel icing draw on the details. Draw around the eyes to make goggles, give them some hair and a smile. Then you can decorate their jeans with pockets and even suspenders.
My kids had so much fun decorating the brownies. It’s was the perfect dessert to serve with the Minions movie!
I know many kids have the Minions movie on their Christmas list. It’s available now at Target and you can also find tons of Minions licensed products at Target (apparel, books, toys, etc.). I actually ordered my DVD online and picked it up in-store. I also received a $5 Target gift card because I bought Blu-Ray/DVD Metal Pak. Target is the perfect one-stop shop for movie night.
What is your favorite treat to make for family movie night?