Let me just start by saying, I don’t think I will ever stand over a fire and make smores. I think we will just make this pie and sit around the fire and enjoy each others company!
It is seriously so delicious and so easy. I don’t know about you but when we make smores with our kids, 9 out of 10 of the marshmallows fall into the fire. We usually spill the graham crackers, and one of the kids secretly eats all the chocolate!
So grab these ingredients and plan a night by the fire that includes smores on a plate that you can eat with a fork. Because kits + melted marshmallows = a gigantic mess!
- ½ cup butter (1 stick), softened
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon caramel or vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 6 graham crackers, crushed
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- I package of snack sized chocolate bars (8 pack)
- 1 7oz container of Marshmallow Creme
- wax paper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9″ pie pan with baking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar together until combined. Add in the egg and caramel or vanilla extract.
- On low add flour, graham cracker crumbs and baking powder and mix until it is combined.
- On a piece of wax paper, divide the dough in half.
6. Spread the Marshmallow Creme over the bottom crust.
7. Add the chocolate pieces on top of the Marshmallow Creme.
8. Shape the remaining dough into a ball and place on a piece of wax paper. Top with another piece of wax paper and flatten into a 9″ circle.
9. Carefully peel the top piece of wax paper off and flip the crust onto the top of the pie and peel the other piece of wax paper off.
10. Pinch the dough together to form the crust.
11. Bake 20 – 23 minutes until lightly browned.
12. Cool completely on wire rack and slice when ready to serve. ( I know it is hard to wait but you must!0
This pie was amazing. My kids thought it was a lot better than making smores. This will be one of our go to dessert recipes! It’s easy to put together and tastes amazing! I can see this crust recipe as the base for many pies I make in the future!