The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.
Last year we built a house. It came with a few appliances but we still needed to buy a new refrigerator, washer and dryer. Our new home is very energy efficient so I wanted to make sure that the appliances we brought into our home we also energy efficient.
When it was time to pick out a new washer and dryer it had to be ENERGY STAR® products. These are better for your clothes, family and environment. The washing and drying times are much faster and more efficient. My clothes get cleaner and they use less energy.
ENERGY STAR Washing Machine Benefits:
- Use a variety of sophisticated cleaning methods that are gentler on our clothes
- 25% more efficient than standard models
- Uses approximately 45% less water than standard models
- Will save you about $45 a year on your utility bills compared to a standard model
- During it’s lifetime saves 33,000 gallons of water
- Available in either front-load or redesigned top-load configurations
- Gets the clothes cleaned without using excess water or detergent
- Spins clothes two to three times faster to extract more water
- Lengthenes the life of often-washed items
Why I love my ENERGY STAR Dryer:
- Use less heat and sensor drying which reduces wear and tear on clothes from over drying
- 20% more efficient than standard models
- Longer drying cycles on a low heat setting use less energy
- May include a steam cycle that can help save time on ironing clothes by preventing wrinkles
If everyone used ENERGY STAR certified washer and dryers we would save more than $5.5 Billion each year and prevent more than 41 billion pounds of carbon pollution annually. This is equal to the emissions from 3.7 million vehicles.
When I need to purchase a new appliance, I head to Best Buy. They not only have the best selection and great prices – it’s a company I trust. They are committed to positively impacting the environment and its communities and provides their customers a wide assortment of sustainable products. Including a large selection of energy-efficient products, including ENERGY STAR certified electronics and appliances.
ENERGY STAR certified washers and dryers help protect the climate, which means that our kids and the planet will benefit for years to come.