These cookies are so good. They are take a little longer to make than most cookies but they are worth the time! You could double the batch of cookies and icing and freeze them to use at a later time.
My son told me these were the best cookies I have ever made – and I make a lot of cookies.
They are sorta like peanut butter kiss cookies without worrying about not having a bite of cookie without the chocolate. Or you could say they are like the cookie version of a peanut butter cup.
If you like the combination of chocolate and peanut butter – these will be one of your most favorite cookies. So print the recipe for Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies With A Chocolate Filling and enjoy. You will not be disappointed!
Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- You will want to use a mixer to mix these ingredients. In a large bowl, mix together the butter and peanut butter until it’s mixed well.
- Then add the sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla extract and continue to mix until well combined.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix until well combined.
- Using a cookie dough scooper or making the dough into 1 inch balls and smush it a little with your hand to flatten the cookie dough balls.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. Make sure you let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack. (They will crumble if you remove them too soon.)
Make sure you cool them completely before you add the chocolate buttercream icing.
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting Instructions:
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup hot water
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- In a standing mixer add the butter, cocoa, hot water, vanilla and about 3 cups of powdered sugar. Beat until well combined. (Start with the mixer on low until all the sugar is blended.)
- Slowly add half of the remaining sugar and beat again until well combined.
- Finally add the rest of the powdered sugar and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
Assemble the cookies:
Once the cookies are completely cooled, place your icing in a piping bag with a tip with a large hole. (I use the round tip 2A.)
Do a swirl of the icing on the flat side of the cookie. Place another cookie on top and press gently. Now enjoy them!
This recipe makes about 20 sandwich cookies.
Dont let all the steps scare you. Get the cookies into the oven and then make your icing. This chocolate icing is my favorite. It’s what makes this brownie filled cake tastes amazing!
Products I use with affiliate links:
- Medium cookies scooper
- Frosting tip: Round Tip 2A (Or buy the 4 piece set with piping bags)
- Oversized Cookie Sheet (Best purchase I have ever made!)