Meatball Parmesan Patty is going to be on our regular menu. It takes less than 30 minutes to make and it’s yummy! These could easily be made into baked meatballs for a Meatball Parmesan Casserole or a sub.
Chicken Parmesan is one of the most popular recipes on my blog. It’s really pretty easy and it can be on the table in about an hour – 30 minutes of that is baking in the oven. I serve it a lot when we invite guests over.
But now I have a new recipe that I think you are going to love! It’s a meatball parmesan but in a patty. So it cooks fast and states amazing!! I am that person that doesn’t eat the bread because it takes away from the flavor from that food – so this recipe is perfect for me. (Even though we thought about making these into burgers with garlic toast…we will have to try that too!
These could easily be made into baked meatballs for a Meatball Parmesan Casserole or a sub. Or you could use an alternative to bread crumbs and turn this into a Keto friendly meal or a low carb meal. Form these patties into meatball parmesan sliders…there are so many things you can do with this recipe!
- 1.5 pounds 90/10 ground beef
- ⅔ cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese (finely grated – like a powder)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- ¾ teaspoon oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (save for the last part)
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup red cooking wine
- 1-28 oz can Crushed Tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon oregano
Make the Patties:
- Preheat oven to 500* and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix all the patty ingredients except for the Mozzarella cheese.
- Divide into 4 parts and form into large balls and then flatten them into patties.
- Place them on the baking sheet and bake for 11 minutes.
Make the sauce:
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter and add the olive oil.
- Add the onions and cook until they are clear (about 3-5 minutes.)
- Add the garlic cloves and stir for about a minute so they don’t burn.
- Add the cooking wine. (If using regular wine let simmer for about a minute to get the alcohol taste out of it.)
- Add the remaining ingredients and let simmer on medium low heat for about 10 minutes.
Put it all together!
- Remove the patties from the oven and divide the sauce between the 4 patties add to the top of the patties. Then add about ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Put it back in the oven for 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese. You can also put it on broil to get the cheese browner.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 673Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 150mgSodium: 1261mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 6gSugar: 13gProtein: 37g