Looking for a dinner that will impress your family. This recipe for Easy Chicken Parmesan must be on your menu. Your family will ask for it often!
I love spending time with my Grandma. This year she will be 93 years old. For a long time, she lived pretty close to us. I would love to spend the night at her house on weekends. She made the best food and always had chocolate ice cream for us to make malted milkshakes.
She moved to Orlando, which was about 2 hours from where we lived. After I graduated from high school I would love to go visit her for the weekend. She always had a delicious meal waiting for us when we arrived.
Many times she would have this chicken parmesan waiting for us. It was so yummy with her delicious salad, spaghetti, and bread. Plus the leftovers were amazing.
Many times my boyfriend (that’s now my husband) would make the trip with me and we would head to the theme parks over the weekend. This is now a meal he always asks for on his birthday and we also make it when we have people over for dinner. It’s a great meal for guests with kids because if they don’t like the chicken, they can still eat the spaghetti for dinner.
Chicken Parmesan is one of my family’s favorite meals. We especially love to eat it with spaghetti and for lunch the next day – if there are any leftovers. My recipe is really simple and very flavorful. It will take about an hour from start to finish.
Baked Chicken Parm Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 24 oz jar of your favorite pasta sauce (or make your own)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan Cheese (as much or as little as you like!)
- Oil for frying
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bottom of a 9×13 pan (or bigger if you have lots of chicken) spread a thin layer of sauce and set aside.
- Place the chicken in a zip-top bag. Pound it out into cutlets. I had 3 large chicken breasts and each breast gave me about 3 pieces of chicken.
- Mix the egg and milk in a shallow bowl.
- Add the bread crumbs to a shallow bowl.
- Pour about 1/4 inch deep of oil into a frying pan. When it’s hot dip the chicken in the egg then the bread crumbs. Fry on both sides until brown. (You do not need to cook them all the way.) Add the chicken to the baking pan.
- Brown all the pieces of chicken. Pour the rest of the sauce over each piece of chicken.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the foil and add the mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered for about 15 more minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tip – I prefer to pound the chicken to flatten it instead of cutting it into cutlets. It seems to be more tender this way. Just put it in a plastic bag and pound it – I then use my rolling pin.
But you can use whatever you have in your house. Then you can cut it into 2-3 pieces.
When I serve the chicken parmesan, we like to use the sauce from the pan to put over our spaghetti. You can also serve it with a side salad and crusty garlic bread.
I always get asked how to make chicken parmesan and this is the easy recipe I always give them.
Featured In All You Magazine
This recipe from Easy Chicken Parmesan was featured in the November/December Issue of All You Magazine. I also created an easy recipe to make a Chicken Parmesan Casserole. This is so easy to throw together and it is so flavorful! Grab a loaf of bread and a side salad for the perfect dinner!
I also have 40 slow cooker recipes that will make your dinner meal plan so easy! I have printable shopping lists and recipes to make it so easy!