Here are a few Apple cider vinegar drink recipes you’ll actually enjoy! I’m sharing my recipe that tastes like a sugar-free Hawaiian Punch. Make sure you scroll to through the blog post for more drink recipes!
I first learned about drinking Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) when I was getting recipes from Trim Healthy Mama. They have a very yummy and easy recipe to make called Good Girl Moonshine.
If you get a chance – look up their recipes – they have so many delicious recipes for all meals and desserts!
THM also came out with a drink called Boost Juice. We love this at our house. It’s made with Baobab Powder called Boost Juice.
This has a light citrusy flavor and is loaded with antioxidants and Vitamin C – which is great to boost your immune system! My kids think they are drinking lemonade – but there’s no sugar and it’s so good for them!
I like to sip on this tea a few times a day but some people ask if it’s more beneficial to drink apple cider vinegar in the morning. Some health and wellness people say it helps you to lose weight, reduce hunger, and remove toxins from your system. But there isn’t much research to back up this claim.
What is apple cider vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar is a vinegar that is made with apples. It is made when fresh crushed apples are ferment naturally in wooden barrels. It’s been around for hundreds of years and it so good for you!
Make sure your ACV has the mother. The mother contains good bacteria for the gut, vitamins, minerals, and enzymes. It’s normal for apple cider vinegar with the mother to be murky or cloudy.
What are the benefits of drinking apple cider vinegar?
- Can help with weight loss and management
- It stabilizes your blood sugars
- Improved your digestion
- Can help fight kidney and bladder problems
- It’s good for the heart
- Detoxifies, clarifies, and alkalizes your body
Tips for making apple cider vinegar drinks:
- Purchase an organic, unrefined, unpasteurized and unfiltered apple cider vinegar “with the mother”. It will look a little murky in the bottle but that is a good thing! The “mother” is the naturally occurring murky pieces in the vinegar. Many of the healthy nutrients live in these mother enzymes.
- Stevia is a great way to sweeten up tea. It complements the tea and you do not need to use much to get a sweet tea. I like Truvia and I have also use packets of stevia from Wholesum Earth. You can use whatever sweetener option you like based on your lifestyle.
- This recipe makes 4 quarts (8 cups). I keep it in the fridge and my whole family enjoys it. It is so much better than typical sweetened drinks. For maximum benefits, you should drink 1 quart per day.
- Make sure you stir it before you pour it. And enjoy it over ice!
- Use a straw when drinking anything with apple cider vinegar. It can be bad for your teeth if it comes into direct contact with your teeth. You can also swish some water in your mouth after you finish your drink.
We get bored drinking water all the time – so I love finding refreshing sugar free drinks that have health benefits in them for my whole family.
Sugar-Free Fruit Punch With Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 Wild Berry Zinger Celestial Seasoning tea bags
- 1.5 teaspoons Stevia or sweetener of your choice
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or more depending on your preferences)
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon orange flavor extract
- 1/2 teaspoons banana flavor extract
Add the 4 tea bags into 2 quarts of cold water to steep overnight.
Remove tea bags, add the rest of the ingredients, and stir.
And enjoy it over ice! (with a straw).
Pour over ice and sip all day (with a straw).
How is apple cider vinegar good for blood pressure?
According to Healthline media, studies show that apple cider vinegar may play a role in keeping your blood pressure low. However, it should be used alongside other treatments and lifestyle changes as well. It’s not a “cure-all,” but it may help.
Never drink apple cider vinegar straight from the bottle.
According to Pittsford Dental, undiluted apple cider vinegar is acidic enough to weaken your tooth enamel. Weakened enamel increases your vulnerability to tooth decay and cavities, plus cause your teeth to be sensitive. A safe ratio is five parts of water for every part of vinegar. Tooth enamel loss could be a bad side effect.
If you have type 2 diabetes it is possible that apple cider vinegar can help you. Some research, such as this review from 2018, draws a connection between apple cider vinegar and reduced blood glucose. This leads some people to believe that apple cider vinegar could provide benefits for people with diabetes who need to manage their blood glucose levels. You can read more about the research about diabetes and apple cider vinegar here.
Improve Your Health!
Some people make these recipes as an apple cider vinegar detox drink. If you drink it in the morning it can absorb nutrients quickly, get your digestive system moving, and improve your day!
Apple cider vinegar also contains many polyphenols, or plant-based compounds. These antioxidant compounds have been shown to decrease blood pressure in laboratory animals, improve the ability to metabolize sugar, and have beneficial effects on cholesterol levels. (Source)
This is a drink that you should enjoy a few times a day!
There are other ways to get the health benefits of apple cider vinegar and not have to taste the sourness of it. You can add it to a smoothie or even use it as a base of a salad dressing – it will give you the same acidity as lemon juice. Or add a little cayenne pepper to add a little kick to this recipe!
Bonus uses of ACV:
If you dilute some apple cider vinegar with warm water and gargle it for a minute, it can help it feel better and shorten the duration of your sore throat. We have done this when we had strep throat and it was a huge help! Many people say it also can help with acid reflux.
If you are looking for a variety of ACV drink recipes, check out this list below from bloggers around the web!
The bottom line – there could be more research done to know the benefits of ACV. Cider Vinegar can have many help benefits and can be used in many foods that you eat and drink. Cider vinegar can improve many functions of the body like cholesterol levels and help with weight loss.
Please talk to your doctor if you have any questions. I am not a medical doctor and so please don’t take my advice as medical advice.