In December, I teamed up with some of my blogging buddies to do the 12 Days Of Christmas Desserts. Everyday we had a new dessert for you and each recipe had a link up so you didn’t miss any of the recipes! So we thought we would do the same thing for Valentines Day.
We have 12 amazing desserts for you to share this Valentine’s Day! Today is Day 1 and I have an easy and delicious Valentine Blondie recipe for you. A Blondie is basically a chocolate chip cookie in a large pan. But you can’t convert your go-to cookie recipe to make the perfect Blondie. This recipe is extra flavorful and very moist. It is a recipe that your family will love!
- ⅔ cup (10 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1 ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- About 2 cups Valentine’s M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and grease a 9×13 pan.
- In a large bowl mix together the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add* the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix until well combined.
- Add 1 cup of M&M”s to the batter and mix until combined.
- Spread into a 9×13 pan and sprinkle with remaining M&M’s. (Or as many as you desire.)
- Bake for 20 minutes and let them cool before you cut them into squares.
- Store at room temperature in an air tight container.
Some people like to combine the dry ingredients separately, but I have never noticed a difference and it’s one less bowl for me to clean.