- 1 1/4 cups warm milk (Put in your microwave for about 45 seconds.)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Grease bread machine. Place all ingredients in order recommended by your bread machine manufacturer. (I just put them in the bread machine in the order the recipe goes.)
- Start the dough cycle. (Mine takes about 1 1/2 hours on the dough cycle.)
- When the dough cycle is complete put it on a floured surface.
- Preheat oven to 375
- Roll out to about 12 x 15″
Fill with the following:
- Take 1/3 cup of softened butter (butter is really so much better than margarine) and spread it on the dough.
- Mix 1/2 cup of brown sugar with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon and sprinkle over butter. Pat it down a little with a spoon or wax paper.
- Begin to roll it tightly. You will have a long log. Cut into rolls. I have made as many as 20 rolls with this dough. You can use a knife or floss to cut in to rolls. If you want to make them in the morning just wrap tightly with plastic wrap and keep the in the refrigerator.
- Place rolls on a cookie sheet.
Bake at 375 for about 15-20 minutes. (could be less just check it after 10 minutes) Do not over bake because all the filling will come out the bottom and the rolls will be dry.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons milk (you can add more if you want it runnier)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Spread over hot cinnamon rolls and enjoy! You can reheat the cinnamon rolls in the microwave for 15-20 seconds and they will be just as delicious!
This is a great high altitude cinnamon roll recipe!