I was contacted by Philadelphia Cream Cheese to try a recipe that included cream cheese. In return they sent me a cookbook with Philadelphia cream cheese recipes and 3 coupons for 3 free bars of Philadelphia cream cheese.
This recipe was great! Our family really enjoyed it. My 18 month old had seconds! It was super easy and quick! This is a great recipe for those days you want to get something quick and flavorful on the table! I would definitely recommend it!
Spaghetti a la Philly
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Makes: 4 servings (about 1 1/2 cups each)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 jar (24 ounces) Prego® Traditional Italian Sauce
- 1/2 package (4 ounces) Kraft Philadelphia cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/2 package (8 ounces) spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons Kraft grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook the beef in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until well browned, stirring
often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
2. Stir the sauce and cream cheese in the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 3
minutes or until the cream cheese is melted, stirring often.
3. Place the spaghetti into a large bowl. Add the beef mixture and toss to coat.
Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
It really is THAT easy! Here is a video of us preparing it. I did not get a photo of the finished product, but I will add it next time I make it!
If you are tired of the same old spaghetti and meat sauce recipe you should try this! It is also a pretty thrifty meal. If you stock pile groceries you should already have most ingredients in your house!