I love Chicken and Dumplings. Its the perfect Fall food. My kids love it and I love that I can cook everything – including the dumplings, in my crock pot. This meal isn’t really going to work as a freezer meal because I don’t like to freeze the carrots, celery, and potatoes. But it’s easy enough to put together in the morning to have a delicious meal. You could even chop everything the night before.
Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups of water
- 2 TBSP chicken bouillon
- 4 carrots peeled and chopped
- 4 potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 stalks of celery diced
- 2 Cups Bisquick
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 2 TBSP dried parsley
(It’s best to make this in an oval crock pot so you have more room for the Dumplings.)
- In your 6 quart crock pot add the chicken (no need to cut it up), water, bouillon, carrots, potatoes, and celery. Cover and cook for 5-6 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low.
- When the chicken is cooked and the vegetables are soft, shred the chicken into large chunks.
- In a small bowl mix the Dumpling ingredients.
- Drop tablespoons of the dough on top of the chicken mixture.
- Set a timer for 10 minutes and let them cook for 10 minutes.
- Then cover the crock pot and cook for another 10 minutes. DO NOT remove the lid before the 10 minutes are over or you may ruin the dumplings.
- Serve and enjoy!