I love my crock pot. It saves me so much time and money. If you haven’t seen my series about prepping your meals and freezing them to be cooked in the crock pot – you are missing a great time and money saver! You would not believe how much less stress I have at dinner time. I just dump the bag of ingredients into the crock pot in the morning and dinner is done! Another bonus – there is LESS MESS to clean up!!
This recipe is one of my favorites. It’s a little different than your typical Chicken Cacciatore. My whole family loves it!
- 2 pounds boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 red bell pepper (cut lengthwise)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (cut lengthwise)
- 3-4 potatoes, diced
- 1 bag of pre-cut baby carrots
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Dump the ingredients into your crock pot.
- Cook 5-6 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- We also like to sprinkle some parmesan cheese on the dinner.
Make this a freezer meal: Add all the ingredients (except the potatoes) to a freezer bag. Write a note on the bag to add the potatoes and cook on high for 4-5 hours and low for 7-8 hours.