I made this dinner with a bunch of leftovers I had in the fridge. I have always wanted to find a recipe that was creamy and cheesy but easy. This is the best combination of all the flavors. I was really happy that I used up ingredients I already had in the refrigerator. It’s definitely a frugal meal! Best of all it’s really quick! A lot faster than lasagna and you don’t have to turn on the oven.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 26 oz Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
- About 8 oz of cooked spaghetti (or any other pasta would work)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, add a little oil and saute the garlic until soft. Add the ground beef and cook until it’s cooked. Drain off grease.
- Add spaghetti sauce. When it is almost boiling add the ricotta cheese and ¾ cup of mozzarella cheese.
- When the mixture is almost boiling, add the cooked spaghetti.
- Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella cheese on top.
- Cover and heat until heated all the way through.
- Serve with a salad and bread.
You don’t want to add too much pasta or it will become dry. If you are using leftover pasta just add a little at a time until it the right consistency.
Are you looking for more ways to save time and money in the kitchen? Check out Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4 of my 1 Hour + 1 Mess = Crock Pot recipes. If you would like to know when more recipes will be available you can sign up for my email newsletter. You will get an email that you will need to confirm you want the subscription.