Since it is starting to get a little cool outside, I thought I would bring back my Pumpkin Butterscotch muffins. These muffins are amazing! The combination of the pumpkin and butterscotch is a flavor you have probably never tried – but I promise you will love!
Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 (heaping) teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ (heaping) teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ (heaping) teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup canned pumpkin ( I have also used fresh pumpkin puree)
- 1 (6 ounce) package butterscotch chips (about 3/4 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease mini-muffin or regular pan with cooking spray.
- Sift together the flour, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Whisk together the eggs, butter, and pumpkin in a separate bowl. Mix the flour mixture with the egg mixture. Stir in the butterscotch chips; pour into each cup of the muffin pan to about 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.Bake mini muffins for 10 to 12 minutes and large muffins for 15-18 minutes.
I like to really taste the spices in my muffins so I put a heaping amount in the mix. I usually make some large and some mini muffins.
So what do you think? Are you going to try this recipe?